Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hike to Camp Muir

Julie and I made our return trip to Mount Rainier yesterday and decided to hike up to Camp Muir. It took us 4 hours to hike from Paradise to Camp Muir and another 2.5 to get back down. Add in the additional 5 hours of driving and it was a long day, but the trip was worth it. I got my shot of some wild flowers and a nice shot from Camp Muir that shows Mt. Adams, Mt. Hood, *and* Mt. Saint Helens all in the same picture (and as an added bonus, "the moon").

We both were feeling pretty wasted by the time we got home. Fortunately we made it to Papa John's in time to pick up a BBQ chicken pizza. One of these days (Julie permitting), I'd like to hike all the way to the top. With no real mountaineering experience I'll probably end up shelling out the $800+ to go with a guide service. Small price to pay to increase the odds of returning home safely.

Hike to Camp Muir

1 comment:

whitney johnson said...

Micah, we need some more posts of all the other exciting and new things going on in your life!!! I think you know what I'm talking about....right??