I'm still catching up on trying to make posts about events from the past 2 years this post is really an excuse to show some photos. Future posts are likely to do the same. :)
September 4th, 2007 - Julie and I decided to hike Mount St. Helens. It was the last day of vacation before we began to teach early morning seminary so we figured it was as good a day as any. A few months earlier in the year we had previously purchased our pass so we were all set. When we started it was a beautiful day, but as we neared the top a very thick fog rolled. We could only see a few yards in front of us for most of the hike. Needless to say, but the view at the top was rather gray. Perhaps we'll try again this summer ('09) and hope for better weather. Here are some photos I took from our hike in '07.

Once the trail made it out of the forest and we started climbing up the ridge it was a boulder field that at times became fairly steep (as evidenced in this picture).

Thanks to the fog it wasn't easy trying to find the trail posts to help make your way back down the mountain. It seemed the trail posts were located every 20 - 30 yards. I shot this photo standing next to one trail post and you can barely make out the next one (hint its a little off-center to the right).



No comments:
Post a Comment