Sunday, July 05, 2009

Moving and a new desk

At the beginning of June we moved - again. This is the 5th time since arriving in Washington and our new place is definitely the smallest (as well as the cheapest rent). We're modern day nomads. Our new apartment is a 350sq ft mother-in-law with 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 sink, 1 closet, etc. Since I had to ditch my $75 desk that we bought at Target a few years ago because it wouldn't fit anywhere I decided to build one that would fit. Our new landlord (friends of ours) has a garage full of wood-working tools and is always looking for an excuse to use them. So together we made a simple 2' x 3' desk. It's my first piece of fine furniture and I have to say I'm quite proud of the result. :)

My Desk

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Micah, i'm so impressed... who knew you were such a handy man?!?